Here are some resources linked to the HST training day virtually hosted by Glos ED on 10th June 2020. These need to be read, digested and acted on BEFORE any Major Incident.
- NHS ENGLAND: Clinical guidelines for major incidents and mass casualty events: https://www.england.nhs.uk/publication/clinical-guidelines-for-major-incidents-and-mass-casualty-events/ 98pages
- INITIAL OPERATIONAL RESPONSE (IOR) FOR THE WIDER NHS: CBRN initial response & decontamination video 14mins. https://naru.org.uk/videos/ior-nhs/
- PHE GUIDANCE: Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear incidents: Recognise and respondRecognise and respond to chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) incidents: guidance for healthcare professionals. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/chemical-biological-radiological-and-nuclear-incidents-recognise-and-respond Also has advice to ED’s about initial response to nerve agent toxicity!
- Your Hospitals Major Incident Plan
Useful MI Apps
- Whats App..? in the future maybe https://www.stemlynsblog.org/major-incidents-theres-now-a-new-app-for-that-too/
- Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Programme (JESIP): App and includes useful templates. https://www.jesip.org.uk/home
- What3Words: Divides the globe into 3m squares, each one a unique 3 word address. Used by SWASFT. https://what3words.com/news/emergency/uk-emergency-services-rollout-what3words-in-control-rooms-to-save-resources-time-and-lives/
MI FOAMed links
- MI Triage Reference or Module (however listen to audio below)
- Industrial Chemical Incidents
- Major Incident Part 1 & Part 2 (5yrs old now)
- Pre-hospital communication
- Radiation exposure