Here are some resources linked to the HST training day virtually hosted by Glos ED on 10th June 2020.
Lily Stanley has compiled some FRCEM style questions applicable to the topics we covered today. These have been created by various regional trainees over the years. Perfect for you to quiz yourself – download here
As there were so many good MI links and resources I’ve made a separate page for these – they can be found here
Watch the MI training day video again here
Poisoning and Environmental emergencies
- We’ve uploaded the slides from the Kahoots quiz on Envenomation & toxic ingestion by Drs Lucy Ellis and Jackie Bassett. See the slides here.
- RCEM Antidotes Recommended antidote stock list and their indication (2017). Appendix about stock and availability. An NPIS survey in 2018/19 found only 42% of ED’s in UK compliant with full compliance for category A antidotes (link now broken with their updated website. (QI opportunity)
- RCEM Guidance
- RCEM Learning –
- Drug induced hyperthermia
- Decompression illness
- Heat stroke (as well as some very similar ones)
- Severe Hypothermia (as well as several others)
There are many more decent resources out there…