- In patients with Septic Shock who are identified early and treated aggressively the mortality is 20%. Without early and aggressive management this climbs quickly making it essential to pick up.
- Please watch the SEMEP (Southampton Emergency Medical Education Project) video
- The links below are for interest and further learning
Useful links to other resources
- BMJ Learning Severe sepsis and septic shock: diagnosis and management
- Doctors.net.uk The management of severe sepsis
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign website