So you’ve just started work in the ED and you have finished our online induction course. Well done! Now you are looking for more information and I highly recommend some of these resources:
https://emcage.net/ of course – check out the ‘Extra’ learning pages, look at somer of the blog posts and watch the ‘Videos’ .
Read some FREE induction guides
- Royal College Emergency Medicine induction books. Great 3 books series for you to explore.
- ED Starter Pack
- Induction book 2
- PEM starter book
Get yourself some great apps on your phone:
- Put in a link to our ED guidelines on your home screen (this does need a trust login)
- BNF/BNFC – all drugs and doses – free
- Toxbase – useful for quick checks but we often print out
- MedCalc apps – work out your Grace score, PERC and much more
- BMJ Best practice app – new resource from our Library team
- Dynamed app https://www.gloshospitals.nhs.uk/work-us/training-staff/library-services/ – pop into the library for a password
- Clinical Key – Read/download the free version of Raby’s Accident and Emergency Radiology: A Survival Guide, Third Edition (Athens password required) https://www.clinicalkey.com/#!/browse/book/3-s2.0-C20090502590 and other books
Some other resources to browse: