So you’ve just started work in the ED and you have finished our online induction course. Well done! Now you are looking for more information and I highly recommend some of these resources:
https://emcage.net/ of course – check out the ‘Extra’ learning pages, look at somer of the blog posts and watch the ‘Videos’ .
Read some FREE induction guides
- Royal College Emergency Medicine induction books. Great 3 books series for you to explore.
Get yourself some great apps on your phone:
- Put in a link to our ED guidelines on your home screen (this does need a trust login). The Trust antibiotics guidelines are also very useful to have on your phone.
- BNF/BNFC – all drugs and doses – free app. The interactions checker is very useful.
- Toxbase – useful for quick checks but we often print out Toxbase for admitted patients and you’ll need to use the Department Login for this.
- MedCalc apps – work out your Grace score, PERC and much more
- BMJ Best practice app – new resource from our Library team
- Dynamed app Glos Hospitals Library Page– pop into the library for a password
Get Better at X-ray Interpretation:
- Why not visit https://www.imageinterpretation.co.uk/index.php and do their free course.
- Clinical Key – Read/download the free version of Raby’s Accident and Emergency Radiology: A Survival Guide, Third Edition (Athens password required). There are hundreds of other text books and resources on clinical key.
Some other resources to browse: