Below are some links to some educational resources which apply to work in the Emergency Department
- Video on how to perform a Biers Block created by Dr Rosty Bezuhlyy and Dr Alex Jordanov in collaboration with our eLearning team. For use alongside the GHNHSFT Biers Block Proforma.
Chest drain insertion
- Videos showing how to perform procedures with our new kit by Dr Helen Mansfield, ED Consultant GHNHSFT
- Trouble securing the chest drain – why not try the Jo’Berg Knot by Neel Bhanderi
How to Perform a surgical airway
- How to perform a Surgical Cricothyrotomy video
- Think of your Difficult Airway Society algorithm – always STOP and PLAN prior to any intubation attempt – use a checklist!
- Which CritCon status are you at? Not sure what this is, look at some of the fantastic EMCRIT resources
- There will be blood.
- How to perform a Emergency Lateral Canthotomy Blog post from Life in the Fast Lane.
- Don’t wait for the CT if there is visual loss
- This is an RCEM HST Curriculum competency
Clam Shell Thoracotomy
- Clam Shell Thoracotomy – This is a 47minute lecture from Scott Weingart from SMACC GOLD
- Before going any further watch this SMACC US video from the Late Great Dr John Hinds – Crack the Chest and get Crucified.
- A great 23min long video on Peri-mortem C-section by Sara Gray at SMACC DUB
- The ideal paediatric resuscitation video from Australia.
- Nov 2014 video from GHNHSFT on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- This video is a guide only. Formal training and sign off in PPE donning and removal as well as face-mask fit-testing is required before you enter an environment which may expose you or your patients to risk.
- Thomas splint – 9 1/2 minute tutorial from Manchester Medical School
- Autopulse tutorial – This is an 8minute guide of how to use the Zoll auto pulse device. Watch this and plan how you would use it. Battery life is only 30minutes.
Level 1 Infuser
- Why not view our fantastic in house video here http://emcage.net/level-1-rapid-infuser/