“Nose bleeds occur in those who are beginning to have feeling of lust or who are getting the signs of manliness.”
Hippocrates 4th century BC.
**Ingested button batteries are an emergency – see departmental guidelines**
- RCEM Learning
- StEmlyn’s post on ingested button batteries – see ED guidance on the intranet for management and more special circumstances such as sharp object, large objects, magnates and types of metal.
- Facial injuries – for 1:1 teaching
- Life in the fast lane – Epistaxis
- Full EMJ review article on managing epistaxis from 2005
- Below is a video made by our ENT team on epistaxis management – enjoy!
- Radiology Masterclasses
- Norwich Image Interpretation Course – Facial bones
- Free 25min module from eLFH Radiology on Facial trauma, Dental Radiography and Dental Pathology
- If you see an interesting x-ray which would be useful for educating your colleagues then just drag and drop it into the anonymised folder ‘ED Abnormalities’ on our PACs system.